Barry Johnston has been the Executive Chef & Director of Food & Beverage at Moon Lake for the past 7 years and is very excited for the upcoming 2016 season!
Barry was born and raised in Saskatoon. However, he trained and lived in Calgary for many years, gaining valuable experience in some of the city’s most vibrant establishments, choosing to come back home to share his experience and flavors, and pursue his culinary career.
A Red Seal Certified Chef and graduate of the Calgary's Southern Alberta Institute of Technology Culinary Arts Program (S.A.I.T) and holder of a safe food handling certificate from the Saskatoon Regional Health Authority. Barry's training, along with over 26 years of experience, has made for a great fit at Moon Lake.
Barry has been featured on the Life Network, been chosen the Chef of the month in a nationally distributed Restaurant news magazine, and has appeared on Calgary Morning show,The Big Breakfast, showcasing some of his favorite dishes.
- Catering to various corporate banquets of groups of 200 or more
- Delicious buffet wedding reception dinners
- Formerly “Valley Road’s best kept secret", the Moon Lake Station Restaurant and Patio, is a full service restaurant and the beautiful patio is always open to the public! Take the scenic drive down the South Bridge and Valley Road - Open Mid May - September.
- ProShop Grab 'n Go quick service stop with family baking recipes.
- Men’s night weekly meals are always a highlight after a beautiful summer evening of golf!
- Wednesday Evening Ladies Nine with Wine, glass of wine and Chef Barry's surprise meal selection every Wednesday! Great deal! Great meal!
With Chef Barry and his culinary team, you can feel confident that Moon Lake's food quality and service is second to none.